Callistro The Great
On the island of San Miguelo, life is beginning to unravel...
About the Show
Callistro The Great marks Brave New Productions’ 8th original show. A dark political comedy set in a fictional South American nation during the early 1980s, it’s a bold new presentation from author D.M. Bruce and director Emma McQueen.
Alternating between frenzied government talks on the corrupt island, and negotiations with San Miguelo’s great “anti-atheistic” neighbour to the north, America, it’s the story of Salone (Sean Curley), a government minister tasked by his country’s dictator Ignatzio (Stefano Saykaly) with raising a certain sum of cash, and quick… The results are unpredictable and might just start a revolution.
- Production Manager & Assistant Director: Donald Rees
- Stage Manager & Assistant Producer: David Reudelhuber
- Director: Emma McQueen
- Social Media & Culture Consultant: Orlando López
- Lighting Design & Technical: Cara De Granpré
- Set Design: Genia De Marco
- Graphic Design: Alice Phieu
- Make-Up Artist: Clarisse Desire